I haven’t been able to document for my album as much in the past couple weeks. I try not to sweat it, life happens & I’m busy & hey, it’s fun, so just roll with the month right?
I have tried to keep up with editing photos along the way, recording notes in my Evernote app, as well as on a sheet of paper, so I don’t forget certain stories.
Here is a little bit of what I have done and plan to print & get in the album soon:
I decided to streamline some of the memories by using the simple journal prompt of “December is for…” For one, it separates out the month of just being about the Christmas holidays. For me, my nephew’s birthday happens in December too, so this way I am including things not necessarily related to the holidays.
I used the Letterglow app to add the text to the photos. I like the big blocky letters. This way it creates some sort of theme throughout the album and connects the photos that really have nothing to do with the other, and were taken on different days. Once I print these it will be easy to slide into page protectors and maybe add a little embellishment.
Some of the other stories I am working on including in my album (& other notes I don’t want to forget):
- Sinatra 100 – we love Frank in our house, & since his 100th birthday celebration occurred in December, I want to record it.
- Movies watched – a list of how many times I watched different Christmas movies.
- Decorating the tree – the mission for deco mesh.
- Jack’s birthday party – seeing family & friends
- Weather – a big story here is how unseasonably warm it has been, almost feeling not so much like Christmastime.
- Steamboat Willie gets festive – our alternative to an Elf on a Shelf.
- Visiting with my friend from Colorado and her daughter.
- Baking cookies – 11 batches this year! And packing up gifts to send.
- Happy accident – when I spilled sprinkles into the dough I was rolling out for sugar cookies and just kept going with it. Turned out nice to have the sprinkles baked within the cookie.
- Family visit – treated to a magic show by a new little magician, playing the game Heads Up! (LOLing), & family selfies!
I also used the Minc Mini machine to foil a few prints of movies quotes and song lyrics. These can get added to the album to fill in space where needed.
How is your December documenting going so far?